People often associate orthodontists with teens and preteens. The truth is many adults today — about a third of the population — want to improve their smiles.
Some adults may have sought treatment when younger, only to see their teeth shift because of inconsistent retainer use. Others didn’t have the option to get care. Yet, confidence and good oral health don’t have an age limit. Whatever the cause of your alignment challenges, Dr. Gohill and the Gohill Orthodontics team can help with a custom treatment plan. We are one of the top practices for straightening teeth in Miami Beach, Florida, and Aventura, Florida.
Do adults need teeth straightening?
Dr. Gohill and his care team regularly treat adult patients to restore their ideal smiles. You should consult an experienced orthodontist for dental alignment if you have:
- Crowded, crooked or protruding teeth: These issues can make good oral hygiene more challenging, leading to early tooth decay or gum disease.
- Malocclusions: These “bad bites” include overbites, underbites, deep bites, and open bites that can result in uneven wear of tooth enamel.
- Face or jaw abnormalities: Hereditary or congenital conditions can cause issues like headaches and jaw pain and affect your ability to chew and speak correctly.
- Gaps in the teeth: Gaps can trap food and lead to dental problems like gingivitis.
Classic braces remain a popular way to shift teeth into the correct place. These devices use archwires and metal brackets that mount to the teeth and connect with elastic ties. Today, options include traditional metal brackets or clear ones that provide a more natural appearance.
The benefits of working with Gohill Orthodontics
Gohill Orthodontics provides expert adult orthodontist services in Miami Beach and Aventura, Florida. Patients choose us for benefits like:
- Convenience: We offer two area locations and virtual consultations to better meet adult patient scheduling needs.
- Technology: We have the most innovative orthodontic tools and devices available.
- Service: Our team creates unforgettable patient experiences through a dedication to compassion, advice and support.